Eyes are the windows to the soul, and long, luscious eyelashes make the eyes more magnetic. Unfortunately, as the eyelash growth cycle is much shorter than that of head hair, lashes do not grow very long before they are shed. So we turn to eyelash extensions and growth serums to transform our short, stubby lashes into fuller and longer ones. When it comes to maintaining longer lashes, lash health is as important as beauty. Without proper care, lash health can be compromised and can slow the growth of new lashes.
Here are some tips on keeping your lashes as healthy and luscious as possible.
1) Remove mascara before sleeping. The stiffness from the mascara can break lashes. When using makeup remover, gently pat or dab at your lids, don’t rub or pull.
2) Apply coconut oil or castor oil to eyelashes. There’s evidence that the fatty acids in coconut oil can protect head hair against protein loss and damage through the use of hair products, washing, and environmental elements. In theory, these benefits could also apply to eyelash hair. Coconut oil could help to strengthen lashes and prevent them from falling out, so they appear thicker and fuller. Similarly, castor oil contains 90% ricinoleic acid, a fatty acid that may help to hydrate and nourish eyelashes, and help make them appear thicker or glossier. There is no scientific evidence though to suggest that these oils can help the eyelashes grow longer.
3) Don’t Curl Eyelashes. Curling eyelashes can help to make your eyes look bigger, but it can also irritate your lashes, leading to lash loss.
4) Use an eyelash growth serum. Eyelash serums are affordable and an easy way to lengthen lashes without the need for false lashes or extensions.There are many over-the-counter lash enhancing serums that promise longer lashes, and while they are effective, it takes weeks to see results.
5) Have a healthy hair diet. This includes lean protein and essential fatty acids. Hair is primarily made up of protein. and protein-rich foods can help to keep hair healthy and strong. Fatty acids found in food like nuts and oily fish may also help to stimulate hair growth and improve scalp health.
Tried and tested: Gemsho Eyelash Serum
The Gemsho Eyelash Serum contains ingredients like amino acids, soybean oil and pumpkin seed extract that helps to stimulate eyelashes growth. The slim wand makes it easy to apply the serum, where the correct way is to sweep the brush tip along the lash line from the inner to outer lashes. I applied once a day before bedtime, and first started noticing longer eyelashes about three weeks after application. As the natural lash growth cycle is around eight weeks, it takes around that time for the lashes to grow to their full length and thickness. After regular use for two months, the serum leaves my lashes looking denser and longer, a significant improvement from my usual stubby lashes. It’s worth making the serum part of your beauty regime. Take care not to overload your brush with the serum, to avoid getting the solution into your eye.
Get the Gemsho Eyelash Serum at Gateries Boutique.