The new MINI Electric is the first solely electrically powered model of the British brand – it combines sustainable mobility with the riding fun, expressive design, and premium quality that are typical of MINI.
Spontaneous power delivery of its electric motor, the brand-specific front-wheel drive, and the innovative driving dynamics system with wheel slip limiting close to the actuator – these elements combine to give the new MINI Electric the typical MINI go-kart feeling with a particularly intense and unmistakable agility. The high-voltage battery is situated deep in the vehicle floor, ensuring zero limitations in terms of luggage compartment volume as compared to the conventionally powered MINI 3 Door.
With the new MINI Electric, the British brand once again sets a pioneering impetus for urban mobility. 60 years ago, the revolutionary design principle of the classic Mini established the basis for maximum interior space with a minimum surface area. The MINI was then launched in 2001 – a modern re-interpretation of creative space usage and unique riding fun that became the original in the premium segment of small cars. The new MINI Electric is hence the first purely electric premium small car, paving the way to a sustainable yet highly emotional driving experience in urban traffic.
The new MINI Electric: an overview of the highlights.
- First MINI and first small car in the premium segment to run on electrical power only.
- Electric motor with 135 kW/184 hp and 270 Nm. Recuperation can be configured at two levels for individual one-pedal feeling.
- Model-specific lithium-ion battery enables range of 242-270 km without constraints in luggage compartment volume.
- Can be charged at a wallbox or public charging stations. Fast direct-current charging possible at up to 50 kW.
- Outstanding agility due to spontaneous power delivery, low centre of gravity, front-wheel drive, and wheel slip limiting close to the actuator.
- Acceleration from 0-60 km/h in 3.9 seconds and 0-100 km/h in 7.3 seconds.
- Characteristic design of the MINI 3 Door with model-specific accentuations.
- Model-specific display and control elements in the interior.
- First MINI model in Singapore to feature Driving Assistant as standard. Other equipment highlights includes Adaptive LED Matrix Headlights and Connected Navigation Plus.